Relocating is undoubtedly a stressful procedure but not as much if you choose the right removalist for moving. Even with so many helping hands you are constantly worrying about messing it up or breaking something. But this can reduce to a great extent with professional moving companies.
Many might pour in their advice about moving to keep your cost of packing low. You might have a wrong notion about moving companies with their charges. But the fact is that if you hire removal companies in Adelaide, it is beneficial in a long run as they ensure that your valuables are in good hands. Moreover, they provide all the removal, packing & storage services at affordable prices.
Whether you are moving house locally or interstate, relocation is bound to get worse if you have pets and small kids. Even if your canine friend is the calmest dog in the world, moving can freak him out twice as it can freak you out. They often interrupt your packing leaving you thoroughly exhausted. Sometimes, they are not good with traveling which adds on the stress of moving them. They can be fuzzy at times, but we love them nonetheless. They need extra attention and be careful to be patient with them throughout.
So here is a guide on moving house with dogs.
• Do not pack your dog’s stuff in the beginning. Pack the toys, dog dish, and bedding last as these are the things that comfort a dog.
• Leave your dogs in a room while you are packing. Preferable a quiet room which will keep them away from all the chaos happening in the house. You can also consider leaving them at your friends or neighbors place.
• Keep them busy. Make sure that you leave them in the room with adequate food and toys. Often they whine when hungry and interrupt your packing. Also leaving them with toys will keep them busy.
Preparing your dog:
• If your dog is not good with traveling, then make them get used to it before the move. Start taking them for small drives, so they don’t get stressed on a moving day. Also, do not feed it for around 4 hours before the move if your dog is travel-sick.
• Attach your dog’s leash with a tag mentioning your phone number and address on a moving day. This identification tag on its collar is vital for moving.
• Make sure that your dog is healthy for the travel. The journey might make him sicker.
• Sedate the dog if you think it is necessary, but do so only after consulting the vet.
• Pay attention to the ventilation of the vehicle. Your dog needs ventilation and may feel nauseous if it does not receive enough ventilation.
• While on the move, secure the dog safely to your vehicle with a dog gourd, travel crate or car harness. Do not keep it in a standing position.
• Do not leave your dog alone in the vehicle in extreme weather conditions. If a small stop is necessary, then park the vehicle in the shade.
• If the trip is too long, then take breaks and stop for food and water breaks for your dog.
• Do not open the vehicle window too much. Dogs get tempted to jump out of it even on the move. Also, if its head is outside the window, it can cause some serious eye injuries.
• If your dog salivates a lot, take plenty of tissue papers and towels along for the journey in the vehicle.
• Your dog needs a walk even after you move to your new home. So it is better you study your new surroundings to take your dog for a walk.
• Your dog may behave differently after moving to the new house. Also, he may end up damaging your valuables. He may make a mess or some accidents to your carpet. Be patient with them and do not keep punishing them as they are getting used to the new place.
• Introduce the dog to your new neighbors and milkman or usual delivering person who your dog will see often.
• Do not send your dog out alone till it gets familiar to the new place. You may also consider buying a GPS tracking collar for it.
So these were some tips on moving house with your dogs. You must not forget that your dog has a difficult time to keep up with all the things happening around it. Things don’t sound, look or smell the same, and it can cause anxiety for your dog. So keep them as comfortable as you can.
Moreover, professional removal experts in Adelaide give you all the specifications on how to handle your dog while moving. So if you have hired a reputed moving company for relocating your pets, you need not have to worry at all. They’ll make your move comfortable & stressfree