When we talk about moving houses and offices, the first thing that comes to our mind is how to manage all of our moves! With many things to keep in mind, the biggest of our concerns is always the furniture and how to transport it from one place to another. Even with the help of furniture removalists in Adelaide or in any other place the discussion of moving furniture is a hard thing to do and take care of. From packing to cleaning and to transporting your furniture, everything takes an indisputable amount of work and thinking.
If you are planning to move your furniture by yourself then you will need to know to know certain things:
- The Right tools: moving out for the first time, you probably won’t know that there are various kinds of tools that help you get your work done. Without specific tools, you cannot find the correct way to remove various objects and furniture. Making use of the wrong tools can also damage your furniture.
- You will need some supplies: When you decide to remove your own furniture, be it large or small, you will need some supplies. Supplies may include:
- Cardboard boxes
- Stair Rollers
- Bubble wrap
- Plastic wrap
- Knives, etc.
- You will need some help: While you may feel that you are comfortable with packing and moving your furniture around, you will still need some help with the heavy lifting. You will need help with moving heavy furniture upstairs and taking it from one place to another. To make sure that you do most of the cleaning and packing, hire a moving company only for transporting your furniture from one place to another. If you need the company to move one item of furniture or perhaps some more, even then you can hire a moving company to help you out.
Tips to help you move out without any problems
If you are bent on finding the correct way to move from your old place to a new one, here are some handy furniture moving tips that will help you out:
- Use your brain: Working hard is not the same thing as working smart. Moving your furniture by your own is a hard task, granted. However, with the help of a bit of smart thinking, you will find your work extremely easy and simple. Rather than waiting around for help to arrive, you can begin your own process of cleaning and packing. Pack smaller things into small things, put empty boxes in a larger empty box and disassemble valuable electronic items.
- Don’t pull, push: One of the biggest mistakes you can make while packing and moving your furniture, is applying the force in all the wrong directions. Find the right way of moving your furniture and push your furniture out. Pulling requires more strength and tires you out without offering you any results. Above all, pushing will help you get more done even when you are alone, no more lifting and waiting for people to help you out. You can make use of gliders to help you slide the furniture easily. Furthermore, throwing a carpet on the floor will also help you out.
- Stand your couches: If you feel that you can’t push your couch out of the room, try standing it or rolling it sideways. This way the couch will easily roll out of your room and will not offer any hindrance. Furthermore, you should try the same trick with various other kinds of furniture, such as cupboards and tables.
- Disassembling various appliances: If you have appliances, that you wish to take but are too huge for you to carry on your own, then here is a simple way of handling this. Disassemble all the moving parts of the appliance and add it to a single box. Furthermore, remember to add all the parts that you disassemble in the same box so that you do not lose them. Other than this, you can find some labels to stick on the boxes and put down the name of the appliance on it.
- Pack them properly: This may seem like an obvious thing to say, but the thing is you need to be extremely careful with your furniture. Make use of cellophane sheets, stretch plastic and bubble wrap to wrap your furniture securely. Other than this, you should also try to add some protective padding before you load your furniture on the truck. Furthermore, you can make use of rubber corner protectors for the furniture that has pointed edges, to keep your furniture safe and secure.
Certain things to keep in mind
It goes without saying that you will need some help moving furniture within homes and outside your home. Although you can possibly do all of it on your own, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Avoid lifting your furniture or pulling your furniture. Always push or slide them.
- Make use of the correct tools and materials.
- Know what you are doing and where you wish to put certain things.
- Have all the materials ready, keep knives, tapes, adhesives, etc. in a toolbox and create a kit for yourself. Keep this kit around for as long as possible.
- If you are not sure how to protect your furniture, then make use of blankets. Blankets provide enough cushioning to the furniture that saves it from being damaged. Add a layer of plastic on top of it, so that the blanket does not slip off.
- Disassemble all that you can and take apart all that you believe you can. This will help you to save space and will allow you to make your shifting, lifting and packing easy.
- Remember to put all disassembled parts in a safe place.
Working with people or finding your own methods of packing and moving, always remember that organization is the key to success. Plan everything from the very beginning and stick to your schedule. Contact CBD Movers for more assistance
Check our other blogs: